MUST READ: If you are registering for our Teen Driver’s Education program, the following are legal and HDI policy requirements that you need to know.
DO NOT REGISTER BEFORE READING THE FOLLOWING. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.
- Teens (15 1/2–17 years old) must obtain a learner’s permit which is required for a driver’s education program.
- The State of Hawaii law states that the program, which includes 30 hours of classroom and 6 hours of BTW (behind-the-wheel) instruction, cannot be completed in less than 6 weeks.
- The scheduled classroom meeting dates do not include their BTW (behind-the-wheel) instruction. During their third or fourth classroom meeting, students will sign up for six each 2-hour sessions outside of the classroom meeting dates.
- Our company policy is to complete the entire program within 8 weeks. As such, do not schedule a road test any sooner than 8 weeks from the first classroom meeting date. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS PROGRAM IF YOU NEED TO COMPLETE IT IN LESS THAN 8 WEEKS. It may be possible to complete in 6 weeks upon request.
- Behind-The-Wheel training typically begins and ends at the classroom location.
- A written practice driving log listing a description of a minimum of 40 hours of daytime and 10 hours of night time practice driving must start from the first day of class. All previous practice driving cannot be counted toward the log. A blank driving log will be provided to your teen. When completed, the log must be notarized and turned in to the instructor in exchange for the behind-the-wheel completion certificate.
- A mandatory parent meeting on the first classroom day will explain other details and requirements of this program.
By proceeding with registration and making payment you are stating that you have read and understand all of the requirements above.
NOTE: We do NOT offer BTW Only instruction for Teens at this time. We can only accommodate BTW instruction for students who complete classroom instruction with our school via our Teen combo classes.